Steppiness with TyMesher
Hi.
I was wondering if there was some way to get rid of the steppiness, that's a result of voxelization with tymesher. Especially noticable with animation and with refractive fluids (oh boy)
I'm doing some metaballs with gaussian filtering and no matter how much relax I throw into it it still visible. Paradoxically there's some point where relax iterations make this even worse.
I added weighted normals on top with 20 iterations of smoothness, fix fixed the voxelisation visible in the reflections, but the mesh still pulsates.
The tymesher mesh is very dense itself, so that should not be the issue. Raising it just makes the steps finer, but still visible and hinders ability to relax the mesh.
I experimented with several density vs filter vs relax iterations but it's there.
Temporal relax crashes the system, so probably not suited for changing topology.

I would appreciate any tips regarding this.
Thanks!

Best regards

Pawel
(01-26-2024, 04:44 PM)pikok Wrote: The tymesher mesh is very dense itself, so that should not be the issue. 

Well, in my experience, sometimes too dense Tymesher might be a problem, and it's easier to relax/smooth lesser dense meshes. 
I rarely use gausian blur filter, because it's pretty slow in comparison with Relax or TyRelax modifier. 

Either way, it's hard to tell anything about your case, before seeing some screenshot, render, or playback preview.