"Multifracture"_"Add shell"_Output-Event
hi,Tyson!
Can "Multicapture" and "Add shell" separately output cracks to new events?
I have checked the relevant functions and although there are similar methods to achieve it, there are always some inaccuracies. If it is necessary to control the crack object separately when making crack breakage, it would be better. Do you think so?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The function is working correctly - it's sending the 10 largest fractures to the next event, and in your screenshot the large circular fracture is one of those 10.

To specifically isolate the long fracture meshes, I'd recommend using a Property Test instead, in "bounds ratio" mode...choose a value like 3 or 4, and it'll send out all particles whose longest OOBB axis is 3-4x longer than its second longest OOBB axis (ie, it'll send out long, thin particles, like all of the cracks in your screenshot).
The "boundaries ratio" test should be determined based on the length of the boundaries. However, the boundaries between these fragmented blocks should be basically consistent

I also used the "surface area" test but did not get the correct results

I just want to clarify whether the cracks generated by using "Add shell" can be output separately to a certain event

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   tyflow_Multifacture-test.max (Size: 960 KB / Downloads: 18)
Quote:I just want to clarify whether the cracks generated by using "Add shell" can be output separately to a certain event

Not currently. You would have to filter them out using whatever heuristics work best.