Domino sleeping until it hits another domino
Hello,

how I can make a domino on different surfaces, not just on flat ground?
So domino sleeping until it hits another domino.

Print screen:
https://ibb.co/whTxmFQ

File:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hWyLfv-...sp=sharing
Here is my solution.

Main operator here is PhysX Collision that triggers particles when they collide (and send them to be active).
And it has very handy option "future collisions" that I increased to 5, and it predicts future collisions, otherwise, dominos would always sort of freeze in each collision, while detecting themselves (make a zero that option, and you will see what I mean).

Hope it helps.

Attached Files
.max   Domino.max (Size: 692 KB / Downloads: 32)
(03-08-2024, 09:19 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Here is my solution.

Main operator here is PhysX Collision that triggers particles when they collide (and send them to be active).
And it has very handy option "future collisions" that I increased to 5, and it predicts future collisions, otherwise, dominos would always sort of freeze in each collision, while detecting themselves (make a zero that option, and you will see what I mean).

Hope it helps.

Thank you, that very help.
Hello,
maybe there is a way to scatter objects directly on voxels?
Now I can use Object Bind because it can be used only on mesh.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(if I understand you correctly)

Sure.
Create TyFlow, and load your first geometry (terrain) via birth voxels. Add shape (boxes or whatever), and then add mesh operator and disable "render only" (this will make TyFlow just like regular 3DS Max mesh)
Create second TyFlow, and scatter on first TyFlow like you would do with any other object (birth, position object operators).

Not sure why you mention object bind... you will need it, only if your terrain (your voxel object) moves, and you want your trees to be linked with it, and move with it.
Very thank you.