Making tyCache work with tyFlow RENDER
Hi all,

I've just purhcased tyFlow (1x node locked license)  Cool - I used the beta years ago.

In the past I used tyCache quite a bit.

We have 11 systems in the office and this meant I could render over the network.

This isn't going to be possible with the 1 license I've bought - tyCache doesn't work with tyFlow RENDER.

I've been debating whether to get 1 license (we're a architectual marketing company) but can't justify purchasing 11 licenses, especially until I prove that it's a valuable tool in our pipeline.

I'll obviously learn more as I delve more into tyFlow but:

----

Is there any plan to make tyCache work with tyFlow RENDER, maybe for an additional cost per tyCache 'node'?

Docs says tyFlow RENDER is:

still subject to the no-GPU-acceleration and no-tyCache-export limitations of tyFlow FREE, but those should have no impact on network rendering in general (because GPU-accelerated simulations should always be cached prior to rendering, to avoid inconsistencies between frames rendered by different machines).

Does that mean that tyCache may not be needed?  For example, I plan to animate some tree models, have objects react to Phoenix, do animations where the scene is built up over time.... stuff like that.

I also wonder about render farms (like RebusFarm)  - I would maybe assume that they're able to render scenes with tyCache  Huh

Any advice would be great.  I'm looking forward to my new obsession  Tongue

Thanks
I'm not sure I understand the problem....

tyCache *exporting* requires a license, but any machine with tyFlow can load a tyCache without a license. That goes for tyFlow FREE and tyFlow RENDER. You don't need licenses just to render tyCaches.

Perhaps your tyCache input path was not visible to your render machines, which is why they couldn't render.
(04-01-2024, 05:07 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure I understand the problem....

tyCache *exporting* requires a license, but any machine with tyFlow can load a tyCache without a license. That goes for tyFlow FREE and tyFlow RENDER. You don't need licenses just to render tyCaches.

Perhaps your tyCache input path was not visible to your render machines, which is why they couldn't render.

Hi,

I'm really sorry about that, I'm a moron  Confused

For some reason I completely misunderstood, well, everything.

I saw 'no tyCache export' and for some reason it processed in my head as just 'no tyCache' (ffs).

That's great, thanks for the help. Maybe I should read things properly before posting  Undecided