Vertex colors to particles
Hi there,

Is there any way to sample color infirmation from the surface of an object and attribute it to the particle diffuse color? As we used to do in PFlow?

I also feel the lack of Math operations, as we have in the data operators in PFlow, for having total control of a especific group and/or particle.

Tyflow is a tremendous powerfull plugin, but power is not that much without control.
Mapping operator Smile
(04-22-2019, 06:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Mapping operator Smile

Thanks for the fast response!

Could you post an exemple scene? I'm trying to do that but I can't get the right result... 

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
It's pretty straightforward....add a mapping operator -> add your object to it -> assign the same material of the object to the tyFlow.

The mapping operator tells particles to sample the UVW coordinates on the nearest point of the input surface and assign them to their UVW channel. When rendered, particle meshes use those coordinates as an override on their entire shape, thereby adopting whatever color the texmap has at those UVW locations.
Thanks again for the fast response!!

I've got It. But If, after some time, particles would sample another color from another object? How would the setup be? Would I have to put a multisub material in the tyflow icon and tell each event the ID of the next material?
You can do it any number of ways Smile

Sample later in another event, samples both at the same time to separate channels and interpolate between them, sample at the same time and use future events to swap to different channels, etc.
Thanks! I'll try It!