Export Alembic
It's possibly my eyes are deceiving me, but I'm sure I saw alembic export support on the Trello board - is this feature still intended to make it into TyFlow? 

My ultimate goal is to get a huge number of quite low resolution particle meshes into either Alembic or Vray Proxy format, because we want to render using VRay Standalone and these are the only two formats that can be externally referenced in .vrscene files. A direct export to alembic should be preferable to baking out to Max Objects and then saving this out separately. 

Thanks,
Dan

Edit: Sorry, I just saw Tyson mention in the .abc import thread "Once I've done alembic export" - So I suppose it is still in the works!
+1 for Alembic. It is very necessary.
Generation of the mesh(spheres) very slows the viewport when it comes to a large number of particle. At the same time, the generation of Particles is very fast and it's great!
And in this case it would be cool to save only particles in alembic format.
Thanks !
Alembic export is currently in progress, I perhaps got a little hasty taking it off the official 'in progress' roadmap in preparation for adding it to the 'completed' list Smile
Oh it would be awesome to get it in the coming releases )
Big Thank !
(04-23-2019, 04:27 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Alembic export is currently in progress, I perhaps got a little hasty taking it off the official 'in progress' roadmap in preparation for adding it to the 'completed' list Smile

Haha, that's what I like to hear!

Thanks Tyson!

Edit: Actually, another similar feature would be the possibility for the Shape node to define instanced geo if you export to objects? So if you have a teapot, a sphere and a cone as the shapes, and export all that geo out, that you effectively just get a single copy of each geo instanced (with animated transforms if necessary) on export?
hello, is there no way to export the particle meshes as objects right now?