Understanding tyCache/export op
Hey there,

moving onto a real production project, I came across a couple of questions regarding the caching workflow.
I´m doing a grains sim, where I did all the R&D with sprites display and then added shape and mesh ops on top, once i was happy with the results.

Moving on to a hires sim, I wanted to export the flow directly to disk, to save ram.

Now I´m facing a couple of questions:

1. Coming from Pflow I´m used to the cache to disk op, that lets me exclude shape op from the cache and instead use a post cache op, so I can still tweak the shape after the export.

What would be an equivalent workflow working with tyCache? I can exclude shape from the cache, but I don´t have the option in the tyCache object to switch out the shape.

2. Does it matter, wether I set the mesh op to Vrayinstances or triangle mesh for the export?

3. There is a workflow, where you don´t use mesh op in the original flow, but instead create a second flow with birth flow and flow update op and pick the first flow and then add shape and scale ops on top to tweak the shapes faster. 
But how do you export this then?

-Disable cache in original flow. use export op in the second flow...thats it?
1) Geometry override in tyCache is still on the todo list.

2) Mesh op settings don't matter in tyCache export...it only cares about shape existence, not render settings.

3) Would be the workaround to lack of (1) currently. An even faster way would be to export your first flow as PRT, then use a krakatoa PRTLoader object to bring the sequence into the second flow and do your shape override. A native tyFlow PRT loader is on the todo list. And then yes, you'd export your 2nd flow like normal.
I guess a "tyCache Birth" operator would be great, where you can access all the different shapes used in it, isolate them (like in the tyCache object) and use property tests to split them to different events.