Tab search locks Max.
I tried this on two computers with both Max 2018 and 2019 and the same result.

Create a tyFlow
Open Editor
Press Tab to search for a node
Press Escape to (presumably) close the dialoge
Bam!

Microsoft.NET delivers an Unhandled exception error and the only way to exit Max is by pulling up Task Manager and kill it from there.
Thanks! I'm right in the middle of fixing this one actually...turns out .NET TextBox KeyDown events are bugged in max (ESC causes crash in some circumstances, as you see)....it's a legacy issue I didn't know about until today.

Fix for this will be up with the next build, which I'll be posting in a few minutes.
Latest build is up, this bug should be fixed now.
Damn that's quick =) However, just tested it on 2018 and now my QuickType doesn't work at all. It won't appear. I've tried both with and without CapsLock and also with both an empty flow and a flow with some random node in. Tried it in two Max instances as well.
Very strange...no problems here.

Is anything printed to the MAXScript listener after you try opening QuickType? An error message or anything similar?
+1 tab don't work here !
What version of max are you using?
3dsmax 2018
(04-02-2019, 04:58 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Latest build is up, this bug should be fixed now.

(04-02-2019, 07:15 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Very strange...no problems here.

Is anything printed to the MAXScript listener after you try opening QuickType? An error message or anything similar?
Hi!

Nothing appears in the listener when pressing Tab I'm afraid. Other changes I do appear, but it's as if Tab is just ignored.
Have you assigned 'Tab' to any other max commands?

Very weird that it's not picking it up. tyFlow has a couple of other keyboard overrides. Can you try CTRL+S (save) and CTRL+Z (undo) while in the tyFlow window and seeing if those work? (ie, create an object in the scene....then open up the tyFlow editor and press CTRL+Z and see if the object creation is undone).

Only thing I can think of is something is override all of tyFlow's keyboard shortcuts on your machine....
Nope, I generally always keep my bindings to default nowadays. I've tried both with Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle on and off, but it doesn't work. Ctrl + S brings up the regular Save dialoge and Ctrl + Z undos in Max, not inside the tyFlow window.
Although my Windows installation is in English, I have my keyboard set to Swedish which also sets me "comma" ( , ) instead of "period" ( . ) and a couple of years ago that was creating problem with Maya. Don't know if something like that could have an affect here.
Oh...I wonder if the keyboard language change is affecting things. Didn't consider that.

Not sure how I'd test that here...do you know how to change keyboard language within windows, to match how you have yours setup?
Sure thing, I'll write up the steps when I get home (Windows 10)

In the meantime, the Tab button still doesn't work in the Vray Next-version (0.16008) I'm playing around with at work, but I can Ctrl + Z in the tyFlow window now though.
Allright:

1. Control panel
2. Click "Region"
3. My format is Swedish (Sweden). If it's not avalible in the list, you can click "Language preferences" to open a Win 10 UI-window where you can add more languages
4. Back to the regular Region window and click "Additional settings" to check that the Decimal symbol is a comma and not a period

Optional: Set your Measurement system to Metric and join the rest of the world =)
Thank you, I'll try to repro this over the weekend.
Good news!

Switching to Swedish keyboard has allowed me to reproduce this issue, and I'll hopefully have a fix in the next build.
Greatness! Works fine here with 0,16009, undoing and everything, thanks!