Unravel example on instgram
Hey Tyson

I'm wanting to move onto recreating the cloth unravel from your instagram page. Just wondering how you managed to create the splines on the geometry in which the particles flow along. Any kind of insight would be awesome as it will be my next challenge Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm8nHNfApwE/..._copy_link

Thanks!
Hey Adam. Did you manage to find any solutions to this?
In his post Tyson said:
Quote:Using tyFlow path constraints to swirl particles up and around a character's bodyparts, and then progressively converting those spiral paths to dynamic cloth strips using an animated gradient map as the trigger. 

The whole thing looks as if it were one spline.
I thought maybe it could be similar to the banana peel demo on G-drive where the geometry is pre-sliced. But then this wouldn't give much flexibility for changing after skinning is applied. 
Maybe it's done with 2 Flows? one to generate the TySplines and then feeding those into another flow, converting them to cloth?
Any idea anyone?
Sorry, I only had a quick play but yea didnt find any solution, had to move onto other projects for now Sad Generating the splines is indeed the bit I cant get my head around. I tried raycasting from a point which spiralled around an object but it was way off.

Be cool to see if you figure it out Smile I may get back onto it soon.