Camera Culling
Hi there,

Is there any possibilities for Tyflow to have a camera culling operator, like in PFlow?

To make a stadium with 37k people (4 types of tyactors), the system is getting slow...

I'll execute a script to get the camera frustrum and use it as an object for inside / outside surface test for now. But it would be very nice to have a camera culling operator.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
That's tricky because for actors you're not only culling their particles from display, but also their skinned meshes which internally are stored as particle-independent meshes. I'll have to think about it a bit but I do agree it's probably a good idea.
(05-06-2019, 01:31 AM)tyFlow Wrote: That's tricky because for actors you're not only culling their particles from display, but also their skinned meshes which internally are stored as particle-independent meshes. I'll have to think about it a bit but I do agree it's probably a good idea.

Yeah, this is a much missed feature and among the obvious usages, it should help render high number of particles that use high rez custom shapes with Redshift, since there is no instancing support for this renderer.

Thanks,
Greg