Object Test Radial
I am trying to understand Object Test (Radial), and a few other questions. I'll write the questions in numbers so it's easier to address for you.

My setup is simple. I want to have particles to only travel along the 90 degree vector axis, randomly change directions, and when met with the container object, they should travel along the edges of the object. I wonder if that logic is flawed somewhere but this is how it's supposed to look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqV-LAGNzw

So I set initial speed as random 3D, and then another speed to discretize it. I might be wrong in how I am using it but using speed discretize alone doesn't move the particle. I kind of got it working but I can't get it to change direction randomly even with random 3D speed set to continuous. I basically use the Seed to change the direction but this changes things globally, so all particles change direction at the same time which is a bit unnatural.

1. What is the method for achieving the random direction change at random time?

Moving on to the next step, I tried to contain the particles within a box. My initial test was more modest, I just want it to be deleted when it reached the box, but the Radial distance doesn't seem to work at all. I tried moving the box around, no particles are deleted either. So I am quite confused. I can get the effect I want with Collision but I am wondering if the Radial Distance for Object Test is broken somehow or I am not understanding the logic?

2. How to get object test, with radial distance, to work properly?

3. Is it possible to get the particles to be contained within the box, and only have it travel along the face/edge when it reached the box geometry?

I hope my questions are clear enough. Question number 3, I have a hunch that it might not be possible without scripting. Nonetheless, I would like to try.
1) Currently the speed operator is not seeded by time, but I plan on adding more seeding options in the future. In the meantime, you can use a force operator's noise settings to simulate random direction changes. Then just create an event loop where every x frames you send particles to an event containing the force, where they get the new velocity applied to them, and then send them back to the originating event.

2) You probably want Surface Test, not Object Test. Object Test just tests against the pivot point, not the mesh.

3) Sure, using a Collision or Push In/Out operator.
Thank you! I managed to get the effect I want with just Surface Test, connected to Object Bind in another event. Simple and elegant. Loving tyFlow.