Particles geo skin wrap
Hi, 
I'd love an operator that could deform particles geo using another flow geo.
In this way I could simulate a stream of low poly geometry, then generate an high poly stream and deform it with the previously simulated flow.
I know there's particle skin or max skin wrap, but afaik they don't work with topology changing geo...
I just realized that this could be obtained with particle force - but I can only use it picking another flow.
Can it be modified so that it works in the same flow? Like, group 1 particles influence group 2?
I don't understand your original request, however, yes I can make Particle Force work with the particles in its own flow.
(05-08-2019, 11:19 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I don't understand your original request, however, yes I can make Particle Force work with the particles in its own flow.
Thanks Tyson. My original request was sort of like this:
- create a high res sphere, make it a particle with birth shape.
- create a low res version of the sphere. Make it a particle, then a cloth. 
- Now, deform the high res sphere with the low res cloth sphere, like a skin wrap. 

I know that you can deform geometry with particles, I just wanted to deform shape particles in the same way.
Cheers!
You could also convert the hires sphere to cloth, deactivate its particles, then use a Particle Force operator to drive its particles with the particles of the low res one.
(05-09-2019, 02:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You could also convert the hires sphere to cloth, deactivate its particles, then use a Particle Force operator to drive its particles with the particles of the low res one.

Yes, that's why I said that making it work in the same flow kinda filled my request Big Grin
(05-09-2019, 04:24 PM)Zemmu Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 02:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You could also convert the hires sphere to cloth, deactivate its particles, then use a Particle Force operator to drive its particles with the particles of the low res one.

Yes, that's why I said that making it work in the same flow kinda filled my request Big Grin

Hi Tyson,
I just tried but I'm unable to reach my goal.
I'm trying to obtain the same effect I would with particleskin modifier, BUT with particles shapes ("skinned" to other particles). 
But I don't seem to find a way.
Here I create a softbody-like behaviour creating a birth flow, then voronoi fracturing and then physx + physx bind.
This is the same approach used in the "flamingo" gdrive file, and works great. ( file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L0iNPK...4zFCBCQ44x )
But in the flamingo file the flamingos are pre-created in max, while here I try to generate the object dynamically.

Maybe I can't find the sweet spot in particle force settings... I don't know. Also, particle skin modifier is almost real time, while the particle force method looks really slow...
Attached file.

Attached Files
.max   Softbody-skinned.max (Size: 992 KB / Downloads: 252)