Spawn voxels inside shape
Hey,

playing around with some stuff I might have encountered a bug or at least an inconsistency...:

Simple setup, birthing a midres sphere, then after 10 frames I want to spawn voxels inside, turning them into a grain sim.

Being used to how the Birth voxel op works, I set display to sprite and start lowering the voxel size. But the sprites stay the same size.

Would be great if it would work the same way, so we can better judge resolution and collision radius.
This is a tricky one, because by default spawned particles have scale inheritance settings set within the operator. Having them auto-scale to voxel size would override that setting, which may not always be desirable.
I see.
Been a while since I fiddled with that scene, so not sure what I did in the end but I´m guessing the current workaround would be to simpy not use sprite display for these cases?
You can use sprite display, as sprites scale to particle scales, you'd just have to manually set the scale inheritance, or absolute scale of the children.
Slightly related question...

Spawning voxels inside shapes via the spawn op is a great way to do softbody/splatter sims dynamically, connecting cloth with grains.

What I would wish for though is an offset setting. Because quite often the spawned particles are so close to the spawn parent particles surface, that it gets tricky  to get the dynamics right.
Actually, that might also be a good addition to the birth voxel operator.

For now I just work around by adding a property test for neighbours to delete voxel particles too close to the parent surface.
I could potentially add that, yea.