FumeFX not working?
Hey,

Thanks for the fumefx integration. I have been waiting for this! Big Grin

Unfortunately i cant seem to get it to work. I can select the fumefx grid with the fluid birth and fluid force operators, however no particles are being spawned. Looks like the fluid force isnt affecting the particles either.

Im using fumefx 5.0.1 and max 2018.

I included my scene file below.

Attached Files
.max   fumefx_ink.max (Size: 596 KB / Downloads: 265)
I just tried fumefx with the newest release but i still cant seem to get it working. I also tried on a second PC and wasnt able to get it working on that one either. Im not sure if its my setup or a bug with the fluid operators. The birth fluid operator did seem to spawn a few particles now, however i had to keep the number really low or else it would lock up my 3ds max. If i set the rate to 1000 my max would freeze solid on a machine with 64gb ram. Im using the same max file as the one posted above. The fluid force operator still doesnt seem to be affecting the particles either. Sad

P.S. The fluid operators still work with phoenix, its only fumefx that isnt working.
Hey,

Finally had a chance to look at this.

Firstly, the reason for the Birth Fluid freeze is due to a bug. That will be fixed in v0.16027.

I wasn't able to repro the Fluid Force issue you mentioned...once I fixed the freeze bug everything seems to work fine over here (that's using FFX 5.0.3 but I don't think the difference between 5.0.1 and 5.0.3 should matter). So once the next tyFlow build is released let me know if you still have the issue.
Hey,

Finally had a chance to look at this.

Firstly, the reason for the Birth Fluid freeze is due to a bug. That will be fixed in v0.16027.

I wasn't able to repro the Fluid Force issue you mentioned...once I fixed the freeze bug everything seems to work fine over here (that's using FFX 5.0.3 but I don't think the difference between 5.0.1 and 5.0.3 should matter...although it's possible that's the culprit?). So once the next tyFlow build is released let me know if you still have the issue.
I just tried the newest update (0.16027) and i still cant get either the fluid birth or fluid force operator to work with fumefx. Is my max scene working for you? Im wondering if its a setup issue. Do you have a max scene that is working for you that i can test out?

The freeze looks like it has been fixed in this new version.
You could try upgrading to the latest version of FumeFX (5.0.3)
Still no luck with 0.16027 and fume 5.0.1. Do you have a scene i can test with? Did my scene work for you?

I dont think it is possible for me to upgrade to 5.0.3 right now. Im sure there are others that are eagerly waiting for this that also dont have access to the latest version of fume.

EDIT: Ok i convinced IT at our work to upgrade me to fumefx 5.0.3 and everything is working now, so there is an issue with previous versions of fumefx. I also tried with fumefx 5.0.2.1 and it didnt work, so only the most recent version of fume works.