RAM skyrockets when writing output (render farm only)
Hello,
I have a situation where I'm trying to render about 200000 VRay instances via tyCache and am coming across a problem with RAM usage on my farm. RAM will skyrocket when loading the scene, then go down to the cap I've set with the dynamic memory limit, the full image will render, and then RAM will skyrocket back up until it crashes on writing output. I've got machines that are maxing out 64 gb of RAM. The funny thing is, when I render locally, I don't experience this behavior. RAM will max out at about 5 GB locally, and writes out just fine. My machine's specs aren't much different from my render farm machines, aside from my video card being beefier. 

I appreciate any insights you may have in why this is happening. I've attached a snapshot of my tyCache settings. My instanced geometry is pretty rudimentary, but I could afford to decimate it further. Perhaps I'll try that in the interim. Thank you!

Edit: I'm using v0.16031.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Same version of VRay on the farm machines?

Can you render in an empty scene with just that tyCache to confirm it's the tyCache causing the spike?
Yes, same version (3.60.04) on all machines. I tried moving the tycache to its own scene and got the same behavior. Used about 2GB RAM locally and then on the farm it skyrocketed up to 50 GB before I stopped it.

If it helps, here's a link to the scene file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlCF9Qg...sp=sharing

Side note: There may also be an issue with using the Asset Tracking dialog to repath tycaches. I had some caches I had pathed to a local shared drive, and moved them to a network drive. I used the Asset Tracking dialog to repath the tyCaches, and while the path appeared correct in the modifier panel, it remained pointed to the local shared drive until I manually changed it.
Cool, thanks for the file. I'll check it out when I get the chance.
Hey Andy,

I've been able to reproduce this issue and hopefully will have it fixed up for you in v0.16032.
Amazing! Thank you!