metaballs support
Hi,

I tried add tyflow to metaball as particle object, but seems it doesnt work. Is there some way or how can I make metaballs out of tyflow particles?

Thank you.
Have you enabled the Particle interface in they interfaces rollout, below the retimer rollout in the tyFlow object?
Yes, still doesnt work.
I just tried Frost plugin from Thinkbox, and it's working. Smile
(but yes, you need to enable particle interface)
Yeah, I know, but I cant make metaballs to work. I dont have Frost. Can you suggest any other way of converting particles to real geometry like metaball? I think there is no other way then metaballs in max. But I dont know why metaballs doesnt work.
Oh....you're using the max Blobmesh. Sorry when you said "Metaballs" I thought you meant Frost.

Do this:

Turn Particle Interface off for your tyFlow. Then in your Mesh operator, change mode to "Vertex Cloud" and make sure it's not in "Render Only" mode. It should work.
Oh, sorry, you are right, I meant Blobmesh. I have metaballs in my mind since Imagine and LightWave on Amiga :-)

Now it's working fine, thank you. Bad thing is that blobmesh is sooooo slow compared to tyflow, I cant use it like that. Never mind, thank you.
Vraymetaballs is much faster, if you have that available.

It also works by having the interface available...

It definitely has its issues though, its always difficult to get the small details AND smooth mesh AND don´t loose to much volume.
Having a better meshing solution in Max without plugins is also something I think should come from autodesk.

I don´t have the need to mesh stuff THAT often, so buying an expensive plugin just for that usually isnt´t justified.
(04-03-2019, 06:43 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh....you're using the max Blobmesh. Sorry when you said "Metaballs" I thought you meant Frost.

Do this:

Turn Particle Interface off for your tyFlow. Then in your Mesh operator, change mode to "Vertex Cloud" and make sure it's not in "Render Only" mode. It should work.

Thank you master!

Great success to you!
(04-03-2019, 08:13 PM)Tim007 Wrote: Oh, sorry, you are right, I meant Blobmesh. I have metaballs in my mind since Imagine and LightWave on Amiga :-)

Now it's working fine, thank you. Bad thing is that blobmesh is sooooo slow compared to tyflow, I cant use it like that. Never mind, thank you.

Blobmesh - ouch! 
It hurts only to think about it. 

Another Amiga user here. Smile
Waiting for Tyflow for my Amiga 500 with Aca 500+, for either Lightwave, or Real 3D.
Frost works great and much better and faster :-)

d4rk3ef:  LightWave was great on Amiga. Miss nonblured reflections and refractions and no GI :-)
I´ve suggested in the phoenix forum to get meshing for non phoenix particles. I mean, they already have the isosurface stuff in there. They said its buried somewhere in there to do list...Wink

For me frost is just too expensive for the little I´d have use for it. Of course, now with tyFlow I might wanna use it much more often, but since I already have phoenix...

But hey. Who knows. Maybe its something autodesk gets done before a bunch of plugin developpers...
Since later versions of Max have fluids, is there any way to get TyFlow to use the mesher from that, rather than be stuck with Blobmesh?

(I have Frost, but Thinkbox have been slow to recompile plugins the past couple of years, and I don't think Max plugin development is high on their list these days)

Thanks,

Steve
I haven't tested with bifrost, but in theory any mesher that can input particles should be compatible with tyFlow, so long as tyFlow's particle interface is enabled.
Yeah, I think that's the thing - the mesher is built into the fluids own thing, there's no mesher object that I can see.

There's a loader but that only accepts Bifrosts own format...

Time for a suggestion to Autodesk I guess!
(04-03-2019, 06:43 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh....you're using the max Blobmesh. Sorry when you said "Metaballs" I thought you meant Frost.

Do this:

Is there a way for the blobmesh to respect animated scale from tyFlow? I have streams of liquid that I want to have taper toward the tail end, but I can't seem to get that to work.
It's not respecting the scale of your particles?