Higher or User Set Time Step Options
Trying to create a small stream of water similar to that of a squirt gun or individual shower head sprays with a single stream of particles birthed from the center of one emitter and I am finding that 1/32 time stepping does not get the individual particles close enough together with the velocity and gravity needed to generate a mesh that does not have a bunch of individual particle blobs. Setting the birth rate higher only causes the particles to seemingly stack on top of each other in the 32 sub-steps. It seems as if I was able to set my own time stepping instead of the max being 1/32 mixed with higher birth rates I would be able to achieve the effect I'm looking for.  

Thanks!

1/32 time step seems like massive overkill for a setup like that. Can you post your scene file so I can look at your setup? Do you need the particles to be spaced perfectly uniformly or something?
(07-08-2019, 11:09 PM)tyFlow Wrote: 1/32 time step seems like massive overkill for a setup like that. Can you post your scene file so I can look at your setup? Do you need the particles to be spaced perfectly uniformly or something?

They do not need to be PERFECTLY uniform, however, they need to get close enough to allow mesher to do its thing.  Trying to keep things real-world size is proving to be difficult.  The intent is to use the thin line of particles to sim other patterns.

Attached Files
.zip   Spray.zip (Size: 3.29 MB / Downloads: 226)
Let me know if there is any issue opening that scene up or if you need any other info.
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, your setup is somewhat unique due to the overall speed of the particles and your desire for a (somewhat) uniform stream.

A new setting has been added to the Speed operator ("simulate substeps") in the next build which should solve your issue.
(07-08-2019, 11:09 PM)tyFlow Wrote: 1/32 time step seems like massive overkill for a setup like that. Can you post your scene file so I can look at your setup? Do you need the particles to be spaced perfectly uniformly or something?

Having a chance to increase steps is good, but do you test Resample OP for that?

I think 'Resample' can make it a straight line.