Curved Motion Blur With Force Built-In-Noise?
I have a pretty simple flow with Force operator that uses both layers of built-in-noise (perlin + turb) set to a small enough scale to get some nice small direction changes.  However I cannot get the motion blur to respect any sub-frame curvature and instead always renders linear.  I've checked all of the following are true...

Vray Motion Blur set to 8 geometry samples

Tyflow main settings set to 8 Time steps per frame

The Force operator has "simulate subframes" enabled. 

I've also tried rendered as both triangle mesh and vray instances.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something?
tyFlow doesn't yet support motion blur with more than 2 segments. During instance calculations it only grabs the start and end interval of the time step, not any more steps in between. This is why you're not seeing curved moblur. A workaround, if your particle count doesn't change and you don't have millions of particles, is to render as meshes instead of instances, so VRay will manually grab the required number of substeps itself by interpolating the mesh directly.
(07-11-2019, 04:03 AM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow doesn't yet support motion blur with more than 2 segments. During instance calculations it only grabs the start and end interval of the time step, not any more steps in between. This is why you're not seeing curved moblur. A workaround, if your particle count doesn't change and you don't have millions of particles, is to render as meshes instead of instances, so VRay will manually grab the required number of substeps itself by interpolating the mesh directly.

Tyson,

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried rendering as mesh but my particles are being born across several frames thus the count is changing. Embers and other such things with linear moblur is one of my visual pet peeves so hopefully there will be a future update to workaround this limitation.