rotation popping
Not sure if that title is what this should be called, but I have animated geometry that was then arrayed around a sphere via Position Object, and the particle instances inherit the original animation.

Everything is working except that I get these weird rotation pops on some of the particle instances. There is very little animated in the scene (just the "legs" of the original geometry) and yet I am getting theses random instances that have rotation jumps and I cant seem to find the culprit.
Could be a bug, but probably overlooking something.

Would be great if you could take a look, thanks.

sam

Attached Files
.zip   tyflow_SIMPLE_bilipid_06.zip (Size: 1.16 MB / Downloads: 183)
You aligned your particles to "lipid_bi_01", which is also the shape you're instancing. I think you meant to align to the geosphere but aligned to the wrong object?

They're popping because they're trying to align to the surface of the lipid, which...in your case...is animated, hence the strange rotation motion over time. No reason to have the rotation timing set to continuous either, just use 'on entry'.
(08-08-2019, 05:30 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You aligned your particles to "lipid_bi_01", which is also the shape you're instancing. I think you meant to align to the geosphere but aligned to the wrong object?

They're popping because they're trying to align to the surface of the lipid, which...in your case...is animated, hence the strange rotation motion over time. No reason to have the rotation timing set to continuous either, just use 'on entry'.

Well.....that's embarrassing!

Do you sleep?

Thanks so much!