Please add travel distance to property test
Hi

I think it would be great if the traveled distance of a particle becomes a value that i can test with property test.

Thanks in advance!
I could probably allow the Custom Properties operator to simply add values instead of replace them...that would allow users to add each frame's velocity magnitude to a channel and then test it with the Property Test (the test value would effectively be the distance traveled).
I think travel(ed) distance is a very popular property, so that it will be worth to make it directly accessable by the property test operators dropdown list.
Its clear to me that you can achiev this "travel distance test" by doing some extra steps, but personally I am happy about every direct solution a tool offers to me.
I think the Custom Properties solution is actually better than simply offering a "distance traveled" option in the Property Test. A full-history dependent option like that would be somewhat limited in its application. For example, imagine an actor setup where I want to measure the distance traveled from the last landmark reached, rather than since particle birth...well now the generic solution can't be used at all. Allowing the user to save the distance traveled per-step to a channel of their choosing, a value which can be reset or modified and then later measured easily, would be more useful.
I totally agree with what you say. I personally like, when a tool offers two solutions for each case. A simple one for quick setups, which is not very flexible, but just stable and roughly does what it should do. Very intuitive to use. And a more flexible one for complex setups which offers more options and ways for custom use.

When you just offer one solution which can do nearly everything, you allways have to take care that you dont overload it and maybe scare off some users / customers, who just want a quick solution without getting deeper into it and first have to achiev expert knowledge.