Tyflow scene crash with fbx import
Hello all,

I've recently run into an error at the studio I work for where we cant get cameras into a scene that has Tyflow in it.

I can object merge a camera in without any issues but the problem arises when we use fbx to get the camera in. Our pipeline has the camera animation completed in Maya and then fbx'd into max for the FX artist.

I've recreated the problem on a couple of machines with different cameras.

Today I tried to import a character fbx from Mixamo into a scene with just a base Tyflow icon in it and it crash's the scene as well.

Any thoughts on what could be happening? The studio rely's heavily on fbx for our pipeline.
Please see the sticky on submitting a crash report Smile
(08-09-2019, 12:07 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Please see the sticky on submitting a crash report Smile

Unfortunately the studio doesnt allow outgoing scene files so i will try and recreate at home tonight(with different software versions) to see if I run into the same problem.
So I tested the problem at home this time and Tyflow doesn't get to the point where it can write a crash log. Nothing is happening with tyflow when it crash's

Here are the steps I performed to get the crash

1. Start new 3dsmax scene.
2. Drop in TyFlow node
3. Import a fbx file
4. It opens the fbx import dialog and I hit ok.
5. Crash

Unfortunately there is no crash log on tyflow's end that gets written out and all the file shows is that I enabled the debug log file.
It will not help to send you a scene file because there is none.
I downloaded a free character fbx from mixamo and the majority fbx's we use at work are cameras being exported from maya.
Hopefully you get the same result on your end?
Not really sure how else to diagnose this problem.
Thanks for the update. If no extra data is getting written to the log then perhaps one of my post-load callbacks is causing the issue. I'll try to manually reproduce this over here then Smile
Ah yes, it was indeed callback related. I've fixed the issue and the fix will appear in the next build.