tyFlow Forum
Newbie question - Printable Version

+- tyFlow Forum (https://forum.tyflow.com)
+-- Forum: tyFlow Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.tyflow.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie question (/thread-4407.html)

Newbie question - ab459 - 08-17-2024

Sorry for lame question (just 3d it's hobby for me, so i involving rare time) - i recently did tried Tyflow for check abilities, and found that all his modules (in main "modular" area) has word "particles" in description.

Do i understand correctly that Tyflow its mostly for works with particles ? (Ie require necessary presents of particle emitter in scene for work)

Why i ask, just before frankly i thought that it's more universal thing, for example with ability to transform (and other operation) with splines\single spline (my most interest in 3d).
Yes i understand that in theory we can use particles for have impact to anything (incl splines), but nonetheless. I mean exact directly way of transform.

RE: Newbie question - d4rk3lf - 08-17-2024

Yes, there is a lot advantages using TyFlow, without even touching particle stuff in it.

Tyson (creator of TyFlow), or someone else could give you full answer to this question, and here is just the list of what I find important of using Tyflow (without any particle work).

Here is my list (listed with no specific order of importance (everything is important. Big Grin ).
- Ty Preview.
Instead of terribly one, 3DS Max - Only AVI, preview, with specific resolutions, that I need to convert anytime I send to the clients, we now have TyPreview that gives us mp4, and default settings that are just perfect for me (saving mp4 where the max file is, with proper name.. etc)
- Ty_Modifiers.
Many of the standard 3DS Max modifiers has been updated. Now they are faster, more versatile. For example, we have a nice Bend modifier in 3DS Max. It's used to bend the objects, and that's great. But with TyBend, we can basically create paper plane construction animation very easily... then there is a Ty_relax, Ty_Push, Ty Mesh repair.. etc..
- Ty_Select modifier
I had to exclude this modifier from the rest because it's so special. One of my favorite 3DS Max standard modifiers is Volume Select, but its's very slow, it's crashing if you put a lot on it.. etc.. now we have Tyselect... not that is only billion times faster and stable, it have billion additional options. It even have options for additive selecting over time! That's crazy! This modifier alone is worthy like $50 bucks only.. or even much more... and everybody gets it for free.
- TyConform
Another modifier that it's worth like $50 bucks only, and everybody gets it for free.
- Splines.
You mentioned splines interest you in your post.
Ok.. let's do a test... let's do handwriting animation with and without TyFlow.
In TyFlow.. you just draw a spline... your handwriting, then you apply Ty_Spline_Mesher... animate strech parameter from 0 to 100% - and you're done!
Try this in 3ds Max with regular tools (loft or path deform), and see how it goes..
- TyMesher
A substitute of Blob mesh but so much powerful, that I wouldn't even dare to compare it (and yes.. another free tool that alone could be priced for some hefty amount of dollars).

...and many.. many more.. 

Now imagine what all these helpers and stuff could do in conjustion with particles, and all it's infinitive possibilities ? Smile 

Yes, that's TyFlow.

RE: Newbie question - ab459 - 08-18-2024

@d4rk3lf
Hmm, thank you Dark for info. Ok seems need try to explore this better.