multifracture grow animation
Hi, i'm trying to animate the grow spinner in multifracture within tyflow.  However even with enabled on it has stopped doing anything, as in no fracturing at all.  So i figure i must need to set the timing to continuous....big mistake....so much fracturing going on.

Is this a limitation of the operator?

i have to add a new multifracture operator to get it to work again, but then of course it stops working as soon as i add aniamtion keys to the grow spinner.
That setting is more tailored for the tyMultifracture modifier.

If you want to use it in the operator, you'll need to set timing in the Multifracture operator to continuous, yes...then send particles out from that operator to an event where they are all deleted after their event age is greater or equal to 1.
(02-09-2024, 04:40 PM)tyFlow Wrote: That setting is more tailored for the tyMultifracture modifier.

If you want to use it in the operator, you'll need to set timing in the Multifracture operator to continuous, yes...then send particles out from that operator to an event where they are all deleted after their event age is greater or equal to 1.

Ah i see, i was originally using the modifier, but i wanted to rotate the fractures slightly randomly (rather than the typush which only translates) and tyflow obviously does that very easily. With the modifier i struggling to think of a quick way to rotate the fractures as they are created.

thanks/
Thought i had it sussed with the randomizer plugin from joker martini (which can T/R/S elements), but i thought i could use a volume select with it... but nope.

Anyway back to tyflow particle method; i have it working with just a few hundred paricles at the end of the fracture, which is great. Now i have a slight problem with the rotate...it rotates the particles each time they appear (and die) in the event in a different direction.

So i guess as the particles are fractured then killed every frame the replacements are rotated differently...hmmm any ideas how i might keep particles from doing that? I tried a setup using a proximity test to kill new particles that overlap old ones but it just didn't work.