Make "tymesher" inherit the original material
HI,Tyson!

When I want to combine multiple vertex animation objects into one object, I use "tymesher". It works very well, but there is a small regret that "tymesher" can't inherit the material of the original object.

Will it be considered in the future to enable "tymesher" to inherit the original material?
Why not just assign the material to the tyMesher?
Let me first explain why I have such an idea.

Today, there is a project that needs to do crowd animation. After I use "actor" to read the animated characters and check "non skin deformations", the scene becomes very stuck. I noticed that using "non skin deformations" would make the scene obviously jammed. When the number of people reached 10000, the memory would be full. If you don't use the "non skin deformations" option, you won't have the problem of excessive memory.

I find it easy to use "shape" as a proxy for "point save animation.". This character has props on his hand. Props and characters are not integrated. I need to use "tymesher" to make the characters and props become a whole. However, characters have the material of characters and props have the material of props. I can't give "tymesher" two materials at the same time, the only way is to give the object an ID. And there are dozens of such characters. All of a sudden, the workload becomes extremely complicated and troublesome

When we use "tymesher", it means that the read object is definitely not one, but many. When many objects have different materials, it is a very good thing to inherit the original material. So I was thinking that if tymesher had the option to inherit the material of the original object, it would be very easy.
The problem is that the tyMesher combines all meshes, so the only way to assign multiple materials to it is through a multi-sub material. Now, in the past some plugins allowed you to auto-combine multiple materials into a giant multi-sub material (ex: XMesh)...but with a variety of renderers all offering their own multi-sub style texmaps now, doing that is no longer possible without messing up those maps.

So the solution is to manually set the proper material IDs first and arrange the multi-sub material layout ahead of time, so that when all the meshes are attached, you can just apply that multi-sub material you previously setup to the tyMesher. Automatic conversion of multiple materials into a giant multi-sub material is no longer possible without potentially breaking a lot of the maps assigned to objects.
OK, I see. thank you!

Finally, I will divide the object ID in advance and give it a new multi-dimensional sub material. Although the process is more complicated, it has been solved.