TySelect with Additive selections Issue
Question 
Hi,
I found two issues using TySelect with Additive selections as instanced modifier on several objects.

1. When reopening the scene the Baking selection runs through every object using this instanced modifier (In my case 3 times) which took several minutes.
2. Even with TyFlow Pro this Baking is only done single threaded as the license check will be done after opening the scene completely.

I hope this is clear so far. I cannot send you the file as it is a commercial work with customer data.
Hi,

1) Yes this will happen if the modifier is instanced and the file is re-loaded. If I don't re-calc the additive selections (since they're not saved with the file because they'd explode the file size), then if you were to render a file on a network with additive selections, for example, they wouldn't be calc'd when the render slave boots up the scene and thus wouldn't render. You should be able to hold ESC to cancel calculation, when necessary.

2) Is this with a node-locked or floating license? Both should attempt an acquisition before any modifiers/flows evaluate, but they do their acquisitions differently. So this is a bug, but I need more info before I can investigate...
(04-18-2022, 12:33 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi,

1) Yes this will happen if the modifier is instanced and the file is re-loaded. If I don't re-calc the additive selections (since they're not saved with the file because they'd explode the file size), then if you were to render a file on a network with additive selections, for example, they wouldn't be calc'd when the render slave boots up the scene and thus wouldn't render. You should be able to hold ESC to cancel calculation, when necessary.

2) Is this with a node-locked or floating license? Both should attempt an acquisition before any modifiers/flows evaluate, but they do their acquisitions differently. So this is a bug, but I need more info before I can investigate...

Thanks for your answer.
1) Yes, it need to be calculated, that is not the problem. But would it be possible to calculate it only once and not for every instance?
2) I used a floating license with automatic activation.