Proper workflow to sync material animation to particle age in Max?
Hi all,
I cant get my material animation synced with the particule age (to achieve a fade out opacity on the particule).

For example I animated the material's color from red (frame 0) to green frame 10) and I would like all the particule to go from red to green over there life...how to achieve that?

I tried different solutions but everytime the color animation seems to be applied in absolut mode :
all ptcles are red at 0 and all become green at 10...and everything is red after 10.
Even if I set the Shape node's timing to "Particle age".
I also tried to use a "Instance material" node and set its timing on "Particle age".
All particles render red after frame 10.

What am I missing here?
Anyone knows a tutorial dealing with material animation ?

-
Max 2021 + Redshift 3.0.30
The timing rollouts control how an operator interfaces directly with a given particle. It doesn't have any effect on keyframes applied to input materials.

To change colors you'll have to use particle mapping channels input into a blend or gradient map of your material. There is not currently a way to directly sync material keyframes to particle lifespans.
(06-08-2022, 05:47 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The timing rollouts control how an operator interfaces directly with a given particle. It doesn't have any effect on keyframes applied to input materials.

To change colors you'll have to use particle mapping channels input into a blend or gradient map of your material. There is not currently a way to directly sync material keyframes to particle lifespans.

Ok, so there's no way to have a particle fade out to slowly disappear before being deleted by the delete operator?
Yes, but you need to use the method shown in the UVW gradient example I linked in the other thread. You can't use keyframes on the material itself, if you plan on having the timing sync to particle age.