about necklaces simulation
Hello,

I want build a necklace for my animated character by referring to some sample scenes, and forum posts.
I think so cool this simulated necklace, My issue now is that it can't control detailed movement.

For example, when a character leans forward, the necklace goes over to the back of the body
[Image: ArXg9q5.gif]

I want bind the necklace spline on the back of neck to animated mesh that would make a more realistic movement, but don't know how.

already tested the friction option of PhysX Collision, but there was no significant difference. 

Please let me know if have any tutorials or better ideas for my issue. Thank you.

Attached Files
.max   tyFlow_Test_necklace_2023.max (Size: 2.93 MB / Downloads: 72)
.max   tyFlow_Test_necklace_2022.max (Size: 2.93 MB / Downloads: 72)
Here's how I would do it.
Check the attachment.

Attached Files
.rar   tyFlow_Test_necklace_2022_Link.rar (Size: 415.51 KB / Downloads: 85)
Thank you very much.
Your advice has improved a lot of what I was working on.

with your help, I can now make a simple necklace that consists of one shape to some extent,
but I want to make a more complicated type of necklace.

[Image: yZOfGqb.png]
for example, with a weight mesh on it, or one part of necklace has a different shape and size... etc.

[Image: d4dl5Vg.png]
Can I implement this in a spline-based necklace simulation using tyflow in this way?

I also thought of how to bind objects to Spline, but I don't know the specific method... Sad

Attached Files
.max   Necklace_Test_2002.max (Size: 872 KB / Downloads: 73)
After a lot of trial and error,  I'd like to upload the current progress because got a small improvement.

my goal is to get more realistic necklaces simulation, in response to dancing person mesh.

But I don't know if this is really possible... Sad

necklace movement is still feels hard, it does not respond properly to the mesh that is being used as a collisions.

It shows good movement when using a cylinder collision, but it is terrible when using a dancing human(skeletal mesh)

If anyone who can help me, reply plz..

I would welcome any solution or advice about the necklace simulation using tyflow.

thank you

Attached Files
.max   Necklace_0718_2022.max (Size: 1.3 MB / Downloads: 78)
Really interesting. Would like to see a working solution, too.
You can have my approach on solving necklace simulation.
Main idea by tyflow
Stress tested this setup even with much faster animations successfuly. Lowered steps for your purpose so its faster simulating.

Attached Files
.mp4   necklace.mp4 (Size: 6.7 MB / Downloads: 78)
.max   tyFlow_Test_necklace_2022.max (Size: 3.09 MB / Downloads: 86)
(07-19-2022, 07:34 AM)ZZpbt. Wrote: You can have my approach on solving necklace simulation.
Main idea by tyflow
Stress tested this setup even with much faster animations successfuly. Lowered steps for your purpose so its faster simulating.

Thanks man, thats awesome!