how to disassemble a disco ball?
Hello guys  

I need your help here!

I have a task to quickly disassemble a disco ball. Every small cube of this ball must fly out, following the direction of it's local axis. If all the pieces would fly with one speed and time, I could simply animate them in 3ds max. But the problem is that each piece must fly with different speed, so that "explosion" would look more interesting. That's why I decided to try it in TyFlow.

I guess, explosion technique won't work here, as I need each piece of that ball following straight by its local axis, not just chaotically rotating.
I have searched for some video tutorials but couldn't find any suggestions, how to simply move objects along its local axes, with speed variation...  which nodes should I use Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can use surface force for for this.
Just create small sphere, perfectly in the center of disco ball, then use surface force with that sphere added, and it will use it's normals to push (or attract) your disco ball parts.
Attaching simple file demonstrating it.

Birth object - disco ball
Element Fracture - you make each element of the object as particle
Surface force - already explained
Slow - Since you're using force, the speed will be stronger over time, slow is used to make speed constant, not faster and faster.

Hope it helps.

Attached Files
.rar   Disco_Ball.rar (Size: 215.8 KB / Downloads: 69)
(09-15-2022, 12:07 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You can use surface force for for this.
Just create small sphere, perfectly in the center of disco ball, then use surface force with that sphere added, and it will use it's normals to push (or attract) your disco ball parts.
Attaching simple file demonstrating it.

Birth object - disco ball
Element Fracture - you make each element of the object as particle
Surface force - already explained
Slow - Since you're using force, the speed will be stronger over time, slow is used to make speed constant, not faster and faster.

Hope it helps.

You are a wizard! Smile That is exactly what I need, huge thanks!