tycache
hey there,
nothing buggy, just visual issue

is it possible to have tycache icon stay with the pivot when tycache is on local coordinates, its like when I adjust the pivot, the icon still stays at the origin, its annoying sometimes, and when I GPU instancing is on, I cannot select the object directly, so I have to go where the icon is placed and select it....so its kinda frustrating when lots of tycaches are there......

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
I'm not sure what you mean to be honest...in local coordinates mode, the cache location will be relative to the icon. So it should move wherever the icon moves to...
(09-21-2022, 04:00 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean to be honest...in local coordinates mode, the cache location will be relative to the icon. So it should move wherever the icon moves to...

yeah you are right, but the issue is not that......sometimes the pivot is not where you want, so you change the pivot to a designated location. pivot changes everything fine, but the icon still stays at its original location, and with GPU instancing checked, you cannot select tycache by clicking on mesh, you have to click on the icon and if icon is little far located from the mesh, everytime I have to pan a bit to icon to select mesh......so what I am saying is if I move pivot, can't move along with pivot in local mode....

I hope I am not confusing you further.....
Hmm...that's not really how Max does things....every helper and object in Max has its icon locked to its transform, ignoring any pivot offset changes. Also by not locking the two, you can see at a glance if there's been a pivot change (because it won't be aligned to the icon). So, I think I'll leave the tyCache icon code the way it is for now.