Redshift Support
Would be amazing to support the Redshift Renderer in some way! I know if I export particles to OBJ that works but would be nice to support Redshift as it is such an amazing renderer!
You can already render with Redshift, just set your Mesh operator render as trimesh. I've spoken to the developer about getting direct instancing support in the past and it's a work in progress, although with their recent takeover by Maxon who knows if that progress will continue.
All the public comments from both Maxon and Redshift have been that non-Maxon DCC apps will continue to be supported.

Autodesk still supports Arnold Renderer for C4D, and I wouldn't exactly call them shy about EOLing products.

I think at worst, C4D will get the new stuff first, but actively going out of their way to stop developing the Max (or non Maxon DCC) plugin doesn't make sense to me.

It's a trust issue with users in my opinion. They're still talking about developing the Blender plugin which seems much more of a threat to to C4D than Max given that it's free and Maxon offers perpetuals (at least currently) which Max doesn't.
(04-12-2019, 10:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can already render with Redshift, just set your Mesh operator render as trimesh. I've spoken to the developer about getting direct instancing support in the past and it's a work in progress, although with their recent takeover by Maxon who knows if that progress will continue.

Where is the mesh operator render as trimesh?
(04-15-2019, 06:04 PM)vfxbase Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 10:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can already render with Redshift, just set your Mesh operator render as trimesh. I've spoken to the developer about getting direct instancing support in the past and it's a work in progress, although with their recent takeover by Maxon who knows if that progress will continue.

Where is the mesh operator render as trimesh?

http://docs.tyflow.com/tyflow_particles/operators/mesh/

It's the orange square operator with the peach coloured triangle
Hi,

Has Redshift instancing gone from the roadmap?

Could have sworn it used to be on there but can't seem to see it now...

Thanks,

Steve
I've removed it for now since Redshift support is out of my hands until the devs implement their SDK and I'm not sure if any progress has been made in that regard, or if it will be made due to the Maxon changeover. Trying to keep the roadmap filled with things I have control over. If I hear back from the dev and it seems like tyFlow support can still happen, I'll add it back on Smile
(04-24-2019, 10:15 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I've removed it for now since Redshift support is out of my hands until the devs implement their SDK and I'm not sure if any progress has been made in that regard, or if it will be made due to the Maxon changeover. Trying to keep the roadmap filled with things I have control over. If I hear back from the dev and it seems like tyFlow support can still happen, I'll add it back on Smile

Thanks,

I'm hopeful nothing will change too much with regard to Maxon, I imagine they've got a fair bit of distraction getting 3 out the door this month.

See what happens, I'm doing some crowd stuff for a short this year, and I've really enjoyed using Redshift - I have VRay Next too so there's that as a fallback, but I need to see how quickly my 1070s fill up.

(Not even sure how useful it would be on something like the arrows sample scene, where you've got ragdolls going on)
Do not doubt, redshift will have an advantage over Vray Next Gpu, if only because it has the ability "OutOfCore" rendering.
Hello everyone, I have a question, now during the preview of redshift, the animation of the particles of Tyflow is not updated, although it works in octane, is there any way to turn it on in redshift?
Just a followup to my previous comment about Redshift: I've heard back from the main Max developer and the forecast is good. No ETA for the official tyFlow/Redshift integration but progress is being made.
Hi Tyson !
This is cool, it would be very nice to get object instancing )
(05-27-2019, 11:29 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Just a followup to my previous comment about Redshift: I've heard back from the main Max developer and the forecast is good. No ETA for the official tyFlow/Redshift integration but progress is being made.

What about Octane instance support? Did Octane dev contact with you?
Currently, native Octane instancing support will not be possible.
https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/25676/
Wow, does this mean that soon we will get support for redshift instances?
RS is going to be fully supported sometime in the future, yes. I can't comment on when, since there's lots of work to be done to get it going, but progress is being made.
Thanks Tyson, it will be cool!
https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/20084/P15
Heh...  Shy

I started one of those threads and was pressing -became almost annoying- the devs to get some info about Redshift instancing support, as currently i'm doing lots of medical work and deal with lots of instance geo on particles.

From what i got in the end is that:
-either TyFlow presents a PFlow compatible interface for Redshift to step in and use instances to render, like PFlow does.
-or Redshift provides some sort of SDK - before an official SDK comes out- to Tyson in order to get RS for instances in TyFlow.

According to the RS 3.0 roadmap they have presented, the SDK part will come towards the end of all the stuff they need to add - whatever that means in terms of time. My only hope is that some preliminary work will happen in the mean time just to open RS instances for TyFlow.

After using TyFlow, there's no going back to PFlow for 99% of out projects; we're 99% rely on TyFlow at work for our daily medical work and because we use Redshift, we hit a brick wall when tying to render, say, membrane surfaces filled with high rez lipid geo on particles. TyFlow Redshift instancing support would be our number one request at this point...

Thanks,
Greg
So I really love Tyflow, but Redshift can't seem to render motion blur with emitting particles. In the meantime, I switched over to Arnold and that seems to render motion blur on the particles with no problem. Please add Motion blur support to Tyflow. Thank you for the great software.
(11-20-2019, 09:41 PM)tcheng00 Wrote: So I really love Tyflow, but Redshift can't seem to render motion blur with emitting particles.   In the meantime, I switched over to Arnold and that seems to render motion blur on the particles with no problem.   Please add Motion blur support to Tyflow.  Thank you for the great software.

Wouldn't rather you be posting this request to the Redshift forums instead?
The ball is on their field... and by the looks of it.... will stay there for a long time...
(11-20-2019, 10:31 PM)Gregory Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 09:41 PM)tcheng00 Wrote: So I really love Tyflow, but Redshift can't seem to render motion blur with emitting particles.   In the meantime, I switched over to Arnold and that seems to render motion blur on the particles with no problem.   Please add Motion blur support to Tyflow.  Thank you for the great software.

Wouldn't rather you be posting this request to the Redshift forums instead?
The ball is on their field... and by the looks of it.... will stay there for a long time...

I did both  Smile     but yeah, it looks like they have to get their SDK together.  Just wondering if there's anything he can do to enable motion blur support with Tri mesh sooner rather than later.