Destruction Problems
Hello everyone. New user to tyFlow for MAX 2023 here and I encountered a problem that I will try to explain below.

THE SETUP

We have a Box (200cm x 20cm x 40cm) with an interior Shell modifier (2cm) that is the object to be partially destroyed. An activator needs to be placed inside the box to destroy part of it, while the rest remains intact. Gravity and Ground collision need to be deactivated for the purposes of the scene, so the voronoi fragments float around.

THE PROBLEMS

1. The voronoi fragments once activated by the explosion fly outwards AND inwards, instead of flying only outwards, going inside the box. I have used both a PBomb and an animated Sphere collision object to destroy the object and it happens in both cases. (See wireframe image)

2. In the tyFlow documentation it is stated that tyFlow particles already have inter-particle collision but this si not the case with this simulation. The voronoi fragments that fly inwards, inside the box, instead of colliding with the box's interior, they fly through it. (See edged faces image)

I have also attached the tyFlow editor if someone wants to recreate the scene and check it out.

Messages In This Thread
Destruction Problems - by Thanos - 11-29-2022, 11:21 AM
RE: Destruction Problems - by d4rk3lf - 11-29-2022, 01:03 PM
RE: Destruction Problems - by Thanos - 11-29-2022, 01:12 PM
RE: Destruction Problems - by Thanos - 11-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Destruction Problems - by d4rk3lf - 11-29-2022, 05:44 PM