Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone
(01-22-2023, 01:20 AM)tyFlow Wrote: It's hard to say what the cause is from just single screenshots...or even what the problem is. Are you trying to get the particles to follow the helix more closely? Or be more spread out while still following the overall path of the helix? Is this meant to be a realistic sim or more illustrative?

Thanks,

On the contrary, the particles are supposed the follow the liquid all the way down. The helix is for Phoenix FD path force. The problem is that particles are following the Helix path force while they should be evenly distributed in liquid. Of course if Phoenix behaved like in real physics, we would not need additional path force. I have seen advanced simulation results made with industrial simulators, but I don't know if the vectors can be used here. Those results are quite different to Phoenix results.

I'm trying to get some level of realism to the fluid/particle behavior, how ever in rendering realism is not needed, because we want to show what is happening inside the cyclone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone - by JuhaHo - 01-22-2023, 10:30 AM