two simultaneous retimer events result in position mismatch/offset
Retimer gives mismatched mesh position results used on two different Tyflow events simutaneously.
So i'm working on a burger animation and have the different ingredients explode and collapse. To collapse, let's say the bottom bun falls first then the patty hits the bun nicely. I have them both rigged using particles birth per vertices and Typarticleskin applied but separated the bun and patty in two tyflow events to avoid particle bind collision issues, so it's basically two tyflow instances.
All works fine, they collide after hitting the ground surface. Somewhere at frame 12 and simulation ends at frame 30. Wanted to extend it till frame 120 for smooth slomo.
Now the issue, when i retime the Tyflow event for the bun at the bottom everything's okay but when i retime the patty on the same frame and percentage it collides half way in the air with the invisible bun below it at the initial position the bun had on frame 0 before falling. Im sure it has an explanation but I was expecting them to fall in the same place if i use the same keyframes. The retimer keys need to be offset for the 2nd event using some additional calculation? Any ideas that may help get the same collision result i was before retiming?

Update: i see the patty sits on the original hidden Bun reference model. I had to clone it for the Typarticleskin and hide it. Now if i could probably invert the colliders problem would be solved except that i can't invert them. Only works in one direction. For patty i can pick the bun skinned collider but not the otherway around. I noticed it in other scenes. I know you cannot Circle add them but only one of them should be possible both ways. Could it be a bug? Its just a 3d model with the Tyskin on it but removing the tyskin doesnt let me select it either.

Messages In This Thread
two simultaneous retimer events result in position mismatch/offset - by Paul_A2412 - 05-26-2023, 10:02 AM