two simultaneous retimer events result in position mismatch/offset
(06-03-2023, 03:05 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Sorry but the stream-of-consciousness style explanation you posted above is incomprehensible to me. Can you break down the issue you're having into very simple bullet points or something? I can't make sense of what you're asking. I loaded your file and the burger/patty fall down as expected. I don't know what the issue is supposed to be.

As for threading issues, are you using the latest build? Threading improvements were made recently. Either way, the sims you're running are bottlenecked by PhysX and PhysX threading works a little differently than regular tyFlow threading. Improvements were recently made in general tyFlow threading (specifically the ability to pin threads in the CPU rollout) which help prevent issues on certain AMD hardware (yours might be included there)...but I don't have the same control over PhysX threads currently, which could explain the slowdown you're experiencing.

Okay, i'll try my best...

So i need to collapse these different meshes/burger elements as shown in screenshots named "burger 1" and "burger 2" with water droplets and sesame seeds spraying on impact etc (in the scene you tested there were only 3 elements but sorting the problem i will add more meshes later). they all have different colliding properties ofc (meat behaves different than cheese etc) which i try to replicate to make it look as natural as possible but i also need them retimed for a commercial slomo at 30% speed.

Problem: Tyflow_cheese simulation is colliding with an invisible field as shown in "retimed collision" screenshot attached BEFORE reaching the actual patty but ONLY when Retimer is used, and i need it to be enabled of course so it can match the slomo speed of the bun + patty. There's a difference in the collision behaviour when Retimer is enabled. Everything collides well without Retimer.

and yes i was using the latest build and drivers available at the time i sent the file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: two simultaneous retimer events result in position mismatch/offset - by Paul_A2412 - 06-03-2023, 01:39 PM