Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone
I am somewhat busy with my own projects these days, but if I can do something to help you finish this, I am here (being many time in a pressure like this, I can fully understand the stress).
First of all, I might be VERY WRONG, but I think you might overthinking the whole project, and maybe it become too complicated, for no reason.

It's really hard to understand what exactly you want to achieve looking only at screenshots you gave, but if it's only a liquid that is sipping in the cyclone, and it needs to swirl on the way down, and you also need particles inside the liquid doing the same thing, that should be pretty easy bro.
I'd first do liquid with Phoenix FD until I am (or client) fully happy. Then I'd do just Birth fluid, fluid force operator with TyFlow to drive particles like liquid.
Of some particles are exiting the liquid, I'd use surface test to detect them (referencing the phoenix mesh) and delete them.

I am not sure why would you need Particle Physics for example.
So the particles can collide?
But if you in a camera shot that is seeing the whole cyclone, can anyone notice particles going to through each other (it will not be visible)?

But then again, I maybe misunderstood the whole thing, and maybe indeed is very complex.
Can you post a scene with just Cyclone (and other objects if they are involved in simulation), and explain clearly what needs to happen, and what your client wants to see exactly.
I can't promise anything, but I can give it a try tomorrow, or day after tomorrow.
And if you explain in very clear manner, maybe someone else will also be able to help you.

Cheers and good luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone - by d4rk3lf - 10-25-2023, 03:01 PM