Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone
Thanks,

This system is for cleaning stones and sand out of the liquid. There are several stages, where those are being reduced and the fluid is cleaned stage by stage.

On a cyclone the flow goes downward near the walls picking up speed and the flow turns up in the bottom and goes up in the middle. Stones don't aren't following the liquid upwards. Instead they fall into a junk trap at the bottom, while the fluid mainly leaves the cyclone upwards. The object test sends stones below certain level to a new event, which don't have Fluid force. Without that, it would follow the cleaned fluid upwards instead of falling to the junk trap.

Particle physics is needed, because the particles are piling up to a certain level at the junk trap. Then the junk trap is closed and flushed.

I have managed to create somewhat convincing Phoenix flow earlier, but when simulating tyFlow Max crashes each time, when I increase steps per frame. Only one step per frame don't crash, but then the particles fly out of the cyclone through the walls. I think 4 steps per frame would do the trick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone - by JuhaHo - 10-25-2023, 06:24 PM