Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone
The problem with these software like tyFlow, PFlow, PFlow tools, Particle studio, Sandblaster, Schreiber Ipas plug-ins has always been, You can do very cool effects with those, but those are nowhere near what client wants You to do. That's why I have spent almost one year trying to do cyclone with no success at all and have customer jumping up and down with me.

Early 90's I made cyclone animations without particle systems. I just created lots of curves and lots of particles and made fancy cyclone animations by using follow path feature. No one complained about the quality. It was of course a tedious way to create particle animations - took weeks to do. Now thirty years later, I try to do the same with most sophisticated particle system there is, but haven't been able to produce acceptable results after spending almost a year.

Now I'm running out of money and I'm hoping this community could help me by providing ideas on how to finalize this project in order to be able to start new projects. I would have much more complex particle animations to create. Those too I have made by using the follow path method in the past decades.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simulating particles & liquid in a cyclone - by JuhaHo - 10-27-2023, 05:21 AM