destroy building with girders in the walls
I am not 100% sure what are girders, even after quick search on google.
I assume it's the metal skeleton inside the building that holds concrete and blocks all together more tight?

In that case, you can simply import them in separate events, with separate flows (inside same flows).

Check out the quick sample file I made.
Everything is pretty much default, with this exceptions:
- Wall event, PhysX Shape operator have "ignore starting penetration" turned on, so it doesn't explode at the very start of simulation
- Girders event, PhysX Bind operator, is on "joint", and not "glue" type, and I turned on Bind deformation (set to 5), so when it is deformed, it stayed deformed (not trying to retain original position)

(I've added the big ball just for fun Smile (notice how I need to add a lot of mass value so it affects correctly the wall and girders)).
(if you turn off the mass operator, you will see it will have little to no effects (btw, mass doesn't mean the object is heavier (for that, you would need to add additional gravity to that Ball event... it just means, that it transfers more of the force to other objects))

Also, make sure your scene is in the correct scale.. my wall is like 10 meters in height.. don't do these simulations if your building is like 10 cm.

Hope that helps...
Ask if something is unclear, and if I know the answer, I'll gladly respond.

Attached Files
.max   Girders.max (Size: 796 KB / Downloads: 115)

Messages In This Thread
RE: destroy building with girders in the walls - by d4rk3lf - 12-02-2023, 06:38 PM