Render tyflow particles as points
Hello , 
I'm looking for a way to render tyflow particles as points ( with fixed size in pixels) .
I'm using VRay but I'm willing to use any other renderer that support proper Stereoscopic 360 Rendering too , Krakatoa as far as I know won't work for this .

To explain more about the use case, I'm simulating a Nebula with millions of small particles, so I don't need the geometry shape ( less ram /cache size)
and from other side I want to get the dense feel from far a way while it fade slowly when the camera pass through it .
something like this :
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5JRPu3NbIr/

I can fake it by using scale proximity with the camera , but the issue then is :
1-the cache size is too big for the 5 minutes animation I have 
2-I can't reuse the same sim multiple time as it is linked to a specific  amera motion .

I've tried using VRay proxy with Alembic point cloud export option and I was able to get fast render and very low ram usage but unfortunately even tho I'm using "Point" render mode under VRay Proxy settings , I still get Disc shape.
I've tried exporting as PRT then using Phoenix ParticleShader but it was way too slow to load/render and couldn't get the look I want from it

Any help would be highly appreciated .

Messages In This Thread
Render tyflow particles as points - by Mr.Max - 06-13-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: Render tyflow particles as points - by Mr.Max - 06-14-2024, 03:34 PM