Curtain animation/Combine Birth Objects
Hello,

I'm trying to create a curtain animation.  My goal is to have the curtain being closed.  I'm trying to use a curtain with holes cut in the top.  In the holes are metal rings.

The rings have a surfact test and object bind with the rings.  

I would like the rings to interact with the curtain rod as a collider, and would like to push the curtains closed using and additional cylinder animated to move right to left along the curtain rod.

As the cylinder moves along the curtain rod, it would contact the rings, pushing them together as they move right to left.  Since the rings are bound to the curtain they curtain would follow the rings.

I hope that makes sense.

I can make the curtain rod, rings and animated cylinder work in an event with PhysX Shape and PhysX Collision.

I can make the curtain interact with the rings in a seperate event with Cloth Bind and Surface Test.

What I can't figure out how to do is  combine everything into a single event, or somehow link the events together.

I've attached screenshots of the setup.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Added one more screenshot, this is the closest I can come to combining the two events.  My remaining issue is the Surface test isn't locking to the rings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Curtain animation/Combine Birth Objects - by heekma - 07-11-2024, 01:22 PM