Understanding tyCache/export op
Hey there,

moving onto a real production project, I came across a couple of questions regarding the caching workflow.
I´m doing a grains sim, where I did all the R&D with sprites display and then added shape and mesh ops on top, once i was happy with the results.

Moving on to a hires sim, I wanted to export the flow directly to disk, to save ram.

Now I´m facing a couple of questions:

1. Coming from Pflow I´m used to the cache to disk op, that lets me exclude shape op from the cache and instead use a post cache op, so I can still tweak the shape after the export.

What would be an equivalent workflow working with tyCache? I can exclude shape from the cache, but I don´t have the option in the tyCache object to switch out the shape.

2. Does it matter, wether I set the mesh op to Vrayinstances or triangle mesh for the export?

3. There is a workflow, where you don´t use mesh op in the original flow, but instead create a second flow with birth flow and flow update op and pick the first flow and then add shape and scale ops on top to tweak the shapes faster. 
But how do you export this then?

-Disable cache in original flow. use export op in the second flow...thats it?

Messages In This Thread
Understanding tyCache/export op - by insertmesh - 04-23-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Understanding tyCache/export op - by tyFlow - 04-23-2019, 04:33 PM