export node -objects
(06-05-2019, 02:52 PM)tyFlow Wrote: What you want, specifically shape changing, is not possible with Export Objects. You'll have to export to tyCache, which instances particles and allows for shape changing.

Hi Tyson, thanks for the reply. 

have resolved it by exporting the particles in two passes, one for each shape.   works fine.. 

id rather not use tycache since:

a) i need sub frame motion blur... as per my other post it seems broken, and with keyframed objects, it just works. 

b) i need to assign a different material to the particles after they change shape, and have a multmatte just for those particles.. again, as per another thread it doesnt seem to be playing well. probably user error but im on a really squeezy deadline.  objects its obviously no problem. 

c) i have 5-6 rogue particles the client doesnt like.   exported as objects, i can just select and delete any i dont like without complex fiddling.

d) i can render at any farm, including vray cloud, with no extra plugins or potential issues..

however the lack of instancing in the exported objects is a killer for filesize and rendering ram usage.    is it possible to enable instancing for object export? 

many thanks for your plugin, it impresses me every day.

Messages In This Thread
export node -objects - by super gnu - 06-05-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: export node -objects - by super gnu - 06-05-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: export node -objects - by tyFlow - 06-05-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: export node -objects - by super gnu - 06-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: export node -objects - by tyFlow - 06-05-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: export node -objects - by amirsefatkia - 02-07-2022, 06:50 PM
RE: export node -objects - by tyFlow - 02-07-2022, 06:54 PM