Ideas on achieving a certain look
Thanks for your insight! There's another thing that I want to report as well, but i hesitate in creating new thread for this so I'll just hijack my own haha.

Basically, tysplines are still quite buggy to use in my general opinion. I am trying to do a look that relies heavily on tysplines and i created quite a few of them (maybe up to 10 different tysplines).

The first issue i encounter is, if i try to create tysplines wrongly, max will just crash with the option to save. For example, the only way i know to reliably have it created is to use top view and create tysplines. If i tried to do one in perspective, there are chance of crashing. I am using beta 46, max 2019, vray 3.6 version.

Second issue, I cannot duplicate a tysplines by using duplicate function, also might crash.

Third issue, after crash, some tysplines become dummy, so they become totally useless and I have to create a substitute.

Fourth issue/suggestion, if it is possible, it would be nice to have the option to have random thickness of splines within the tyspline/splinemesher rollout option. Right now, the only way to achieve it is to multiply radius by length, but that provides little control. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough?

Fifth suggestion/question, am i able to export the splines as moving mesh? It's only available in tycache. It's totally ok if I can't though, it's something that would be nice to have.

Sixth suggestion/question, I am able to keyframe path follow operator parameters, but I am not sure if it's accessible using curve editor. (Edit: Ah, ok I managed to show it in curve editor)

Thanks for this tyspline feature, it's something that I love to play with.

Messages In This Thread
Ideas on achieving a certain look - by Syu_z - 09-20-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Ideas on achieving a certain look - by tyFlow - 09-23-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: Ideas on achieving a certain look - by Syu_z - 09-24-2019, 03:29 AM