crowd, different animation on right and left turn
Hey Tjommas,

So I looked at your file.

Firstly, the jittering is caused by the fact that skiiers are allowed to move between events immediately, as soon as their spin crosses a certain threshold. This means that if the spin values waver over the threshold, the skiiers will jump between events quickly. A simple solution to this is just to prevent skiiers from immediately switching between events as soon as they change their direction. So in your Property Tests, instead of "Continuous", set their timing to "Event Age" with a range of something like 5-1000...that means they cannot switch to another event until they've stayed in the current event for at least 5 frames...which completely gets rid of any jitter.

As for the animation blending issue, that's caused by a different thing....basically because your blend is set to 20 frames, there are times when skiiers won't be finished blending between animation A and B before they've been told to start playing animation C (ie, they moved through events so quickly that the first blend hasn't finished before the next one is set to begin)....which is causing the animation to jump because the blend isn't designed to work between 3 or more animation clips...but that's what is required in your setup. This is technically a bug in tyFlow that I will have to find a solution to. I will hopefully have this resolved in the next build, which I hope to post sometime this weekend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: crowd, different animation on right and left turn - by tyFlow - 11-23-2019, 04:30 PM