No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090
(08-25-2020, 09:47 AM)viktaZ Wrote: Hi there,

I ran into the same problem, not being able to turn on the CUDA collision in the cloth bind operator.

Now, I had the nvidia studio driver installed, so I thought maybe I need the game ready one for whatever reason, but to no avail.
After installing the game ready driver, the problem still persists, see attached.

- the ? icon in the cloth bind operator says the dll-s are missing, even though they are located in the same folder as the tyflow_****.dlo
- you can see in the viewport that the collisions are not working in the sim (obviously)
- tyflow version v0.16090 (as of writing this comment, tyflow says it is up to date)
- tested on 2080ti + amd threadripper (in case it has something to do with openCL)
- using windows 10 1909, build 18363.1016

The adding cuda acceleration to tyflow is awesome, I hope this will help to some extent.

Cheers

<UPDATE #1>
I updated my windows 10 to version 2004, build 19041.450 to see if that was the problem, but the CUDA collision solver in the cloth bind operator is still greyed out.

<UPDATE #2>
After seeing Tyson's facebook post "CUDA issues update #1", I reinstalled the tyflow plugin (probably I already had the stable version as I never had a max freeze), and re-initialized CUDA (again, the screenshot was probably showing the error message Tyson was looking for)

it is as follows:

tyFlow: OpenCL successfully re-initialized!
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cusparse64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublas64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublasLt64_10.dll
tyFlow: CUDA failed to re-initialize!

So someone commented on facebook that moving the CUDA dll-s to the max root fixes the problem.
I can confirm, it works just fine, no crashes whatsoever either.

I actually didn't move the dll-s to the maxroot, as I didn't know what files were needed to be next to the tyflow.dlo, but rather I copied the dll-s to the maxroot as well. I now have the dll-s both in my maxroot and the /plugins folder.

Messages In This Thread
No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090 - by GilG - 08-24-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090 - by viktaZ - 08-25-2020, 12:31 PM