No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090
(08-25-2020, 12:31 PM)viktaZ Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 09:47 AM)viktaZ Wrote: Hi there,

I ran into the same problem, not being able to turn on the CUDA collision in the cloth bind operator.

Now, I had the nvidia studio driver installed, so I thought maybe I need the game ready one for whatever reason, but to no avail.
After installing the game ready driver, the problem still persists, see attached.

- the ? icon in the cloth bind operator says the dll-s are missing, even though they are located in the same folder as the tyflow_****.dlo
- you can see in the viewport that the collisions are not working in the sim (obviously)
- tyflow version v0.16090 (as of writing this comment, tyflow says it is up to date)
- tested on 2080ti + amd threadripper (in case it has something to do with openCL)
- using windows 10 1909, build 18363.1016

The adding cuda acceleration to tyflow is awesome, I hope this will help to some extent.

Cheers

<UPDATE #1>
I updated my windows 10 to version 2004, build 19041.450 to see if that was the problem, but the CUDA collision solver in the cloth bind operator is still greyed out.

<UPDATE #2>
After seeing Tyson's facebook post "CUDA issues update #1", I reinstalled the tyflow plugin (probably I already had the stable version as I never had a max freeze), and re-initialized CUDA (again, the screenshot was probably showing the error message Tyson was looking for)

it is as follows:

tyFlow: OpenCL successfully re-initialized!
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cusparse64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublas64_10.dll
    Error: CUDA DLL not found (err: -1). Name: cublasLt64_10.dll
tyFlow: CUDA failed to re-initialize!

So someone commented on facebook that moving the CUDA dll-s to the max root fixes the problem.
I can confirm, it works just fine, no crashes whatsoever either.

I actually didn't move the dll-s to the maxroot, as I didn't know what files were needed to be next to the tyflow-dlo, but rather I copied the dll-s to the maxroot as well. I now have the dll-s in my maxroot and the /plugins folder as well.

Have the same problem and yeah, moving the DLLs to Max root folder fixed it. Thanks man!

Messages In This Thread
No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090 - by GilG - 08-24-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: No collision with Cuda cloth on 16090 - by danhibiki - 08-26-2020, 02:39 PM