tyActor Skinned Meshes question
Me again! I've been doing some work with animated Reference nodes in the Shape operator and it's working really well but I wanted more control over when particular animations are triggered.

Naturally, I switched to a tyActor setup (using Non-skin deformations) and it gives me the *exact* level of control I've been looking for, with one caveat... The source object(s) I'm using have changing topology and it seems that the skinned meshes created by the tyActor operator do not allow for this. Using animated reference nodes in the Shape operator does permit me to have changing topology but it's much trickier to trigger different animation sequences. I have a work around (I'm swapping out the shape operator when I want a different animation triggered) and I've also had some success using Custom Floats to control the animation in the Shape node but neither approach is as intuitive as an Actor setup. 

I guess what I'm asking is:

Is there a way for tyActor meshes to have changing topology?
If not, is there a way to drive the animation(s) from a single animated reference node in the Shape operator with the same level of control as an Actor/Animation setup?

I've attached a max file which (hopefully) shows what I'm talking about and here's a video if that helps : https://vimeo.com/678653830/9c2977f9ce

.max   tyFlow_AnimatedShape_2022.max (Size: 732 KB / Downloads: 196)

Messages In This Thread
tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by moonjam - 02-17-2022, 11:09 AM
RE: tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by tyFlow - 02-17-2022, 02:14 PM
RE: tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by moonjam - 02-17-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by tyFlow - 02-17-2022, 03:24 PM
RE: tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by moonjam - 02-17-2022, 03:36 PM
RE: tyActor Skinned Meshes question - by tyFlow - 02-17-2022, 03:41 PM