sending Particles along a Surface
Hello d4rk3lf,

thank you for helping words!
Well, so far I am beeing quiet new to Particles and uses also Pflow only for easy tasks and then occasionally only.

So, I can only do my own theoretical aproach and try with some few knowlegde here, wich mostly then end up with with a mess... =) 

I am thinking of a flowing system along the Surface (blue Arrow) - or maybe a Volume, wich I can restrict via edit /reshaping the Geo. directing the flow. (according to my Image) The purpose is, to show the fluidmovement (without really using a fluid realistic look) for a technical item. So one thing I thought, is that I could somewhere tell about an UV direction,to control the Flow through a Volume or Plane.

I would prefer a Plane, since I have a couple of them and I think I can archive some Volume by usin a Position Displace, so that they dont sit boring in the middle.
But this are secondary movements.

So in the End, I need the bridge of understanding, what gives me control over Emitter, the link to the Polyshape. TyIcon, or could it be possible to give a guide along U, or can it be possible to emmit directly from 0 -> 1 of any UV direction?

I tried now some things, but it didn´t work for now. It´s the idea to take a path for traveldirections and then let the particles collide along the surface.
but anyways, I maybe would prefer a plane solution over the volume one. 

.max   asset_tyflow_flowtest_01.max (Size: 652 KB / Downloads: 177)

An example, that shows it roughly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGYNvBKf9nY -> shows what it is likely about  (not the fluidstuff as collision)

Offtopic almost:
In Maya it has a complete set of this with one click - with de- and acceleration also included. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/m...A-htm.html

Messages In This Thread
sending Particles along a Surface - by caypiranha - 11-25-2020, 03:18 PM
RE: sending Particles along a Surface - by caypiranha - 11-26-2020, 04:24 PM