Noise cutting operator
HI,Tyson.

I saw a discussion about the details of edge noise of fragments earlier, and I also saw the solution you made with Tflow. I also know the problem caused by the "displacement" operator (too large a value causes the edges to interpenetrate with each other). Today, when I was making a shatter, I came up with a way. If we use many pieces with noise shape to cut the particle when we shatter the particle, there will be quite a lot of details after the particle is cut, let alone using the "displacement" operator. Maybe you are worried that "PhysX" only recognizes convex bodies. I don't think you need to worry about it at all. In the calculation, you can cut the particles of particle a without using the patch of noise value, and then use the patch of noise value to cut a set of B particles. We bind B particles to particle A to make B particles continue the rigid body behavior of particle a. Then we get a detailed and error free fragmentation effect. Do you think this method can be implemented in the future?

Another method: save the convex shape of a into a channel, read the existing channel in "PhysX shape", and then display the shape of B particle and fragments with noise shape.

thank you

Messages In This Thread
Noise cutting operator - by cgdvs - 05-24-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by tyFlow - 05-24-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by cgdvs - 05-24-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by tyFlow - 05-24-2021, 04:03 PM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by cgdvs - 05-24-2021, 04:09 PM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by tyFlow - 05-24-2021, 04:25 PM
RE: Noise cutting operator - by cgdvs - 05-25-2021, 01:24 AM