Normals and velocity issue
Hi,

Beginner with Tyflow and have encountered some problems with my simulations. I have attached my scene file.

.max   tyflow tests.max (Size: 728 KB / Downloads: 87)

1. The fractured chunks are too "light" as in, very soon after falling to the ground they go idle. I was able to improve this by increasing Inertia Multiplier from 10 to 100 within Tyflow icon PhysX settings. Video attachment shows the different below, with left:right: 100:10. Are there better ways to control your "material" properties? 

.mp4   inertia.mp4 (Size: 4.45 MB / Downloads: 78)

2. A small number of the chunks have their normals continously changed for each frame. It's as if their vertex normals are changing direction.

3. I have a mesh with a lot of open edges primarily around the panels of the bottom/top of the wall, and the window decorations. Using voronoi fracture or cap holes modifier it distorts my model in weird ways - is there a way to quickly resolve this so that I can simulate it correctly using Tyflow? I have tried bridging edges one by one, it's very slow, and some edges won't bridge so I'm left to using cap holes which creates odd distortions as seen below.

I'm working in Meters as units.
Changing FPS to 10 seems to do a better job at simulating the rock wall than 24.

I follow RedefineFX's tutorial as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZMWapJe7eM

Any help greatly appreciated!    Shy

Messages In This Thread
Normals and velocity issue - by Thor - 05-29-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Normals and velocity issue - by tyFlow - 05-30-2022, 02:45 AM
RE: Normals and velocity issue - by Thor - 05-30-2022, 03:20 AM
RE: Normals and velocity issue - by Thor - 05-30-2022, 10:53 PM